Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Funk 101

I am a teacher...meaning I have summers off.  I get to be the most useless creature...EVER during the summer.  I work my butt off  (not literally, I wish) during the school year.  Anyways, I was thinking about my activities, or lack thereof and decided that, yep, I am in the "Summer Funk". 
 Here is how you tell...

-1- My roots need to be done, like bad. Worse than the extra laundry and that is bad, too.

-2- I haven't worn regular pants (meaning anything that is not stretchy) in, well, ummm...weeks?

-3- I got up at noon today...NOON!  During the school year I get up at 4:30am.  
August is going to be painful.

-4- I have become addicted to Candy Crush {insert ashamed face here}.

-5- #4 leads me to #5.  I am also addicted to HGTV.  Dreaming of all the projects I am going to do...yeah, about that.

-6- I have revived my hat collection, out of necessity of course. I would rather throw on a hat than have to fix my hair.  Sad.  Hence #1.

-7- I rescheduled our anniversary pictures in July for October, because I realized I am not doing so good on my summer goals...yet...there is still hope. 

-8- My couch has an obvious indention where my butt is 80% of the time. 

-9- My husband has changed his phrasing in conversation from, "What are you going to do today?" To, "Are you planning to leave the house today?"

-10- This is sad, get ready.  I have found my husband's t-shirt collection.  
Don't judge, they are big and comfortable...yet, not at all flattering.



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! I too am a teacher, and last summer was awesome! This summer we are in the process of moving so it hasn't been quite as relaxing, but you're right it'll all be worth it soon! Don't feel bad about couch days. You work so hard during the school year; you deserve this time to refresh your mind and relax!

    ReplyDelete