Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dreaming of a Dream Bedroom


 I'm on vacation and using post I had already written.
anywayyyyys...
p.s. for some reason it keeps saying posted Wednesday when I accidentally pressed publish and the "reverted back to draft".


Hey beauties, I am so excited to say that T and I found a door to make a headboard out of.  I blogged about it here.  So, I have been dreaming of our dream bedroom. 
I think having a bedroom you love is one of the most important parts of your home.  I know that most people won't see your bedroom and it may seem like a better investment to spend money elsewhere in your home, but I think of my bedroom as our place and kind of an escape from the rest of the world.  
 Here is my inspirations:

[One] I am in love with the idea of burlap curtains.  I found these that I am dying over them because not only are they burlap, but they have a pewter color block! 
[Two] I am a sucker for this color palette, and you could probably tell if you walked into my house.  Our bedroom is colonel blue, so I think lightening it up with furniture, fixtures and prints would be the perfect balance.
[Three] We have two windows that a vintage chest would fit perfectly nestled between some to die for burlap curtains!  I also love the pops of turquoise, yellow, and pink in this design.
[Four] This is the picture that started it all.  I came across this on Pinterest and was positive that this is what we had to do.  It fits my style perfectly.  The door is currently ordered!  Yay!


[Five] I found this lovely image on none other than Pinterest, but tracked it down to here.  I love, love, love maps, it is actually the theme I want to use for a possible future baby nursery (maps and hot air balloons).  Anyways, I love the idea of doing a series with locations maker, i.e. where we got married, where we met, etc.
[Six] Chevron rug in neutral tones, need I say more.  I found this rug here.
[Seven] I love the idea of multiple pillar candles in hurricane jars with burlap and lace details.
[Eight] I honestly can't remember where I found this image, but in keeping with the vintage/ re-purposed theme I love the idea of crates for bedside tables!  I found some at The Home Depot, here, for only $12 each!


[Nine] Who wouldn't love this print.  It is from Parada Creations Etsy Shop.
[Ten] I love that this would bring in a pop of color and softness to what I have already chosen.  Find it here Designs By Maria Etsy Shop.
[Eleven] I found this mirror here.  It is somewhat prices, and I have seen similar ones at Hobby Lobby much cheaper, but I love the white and turquoise chevron paired with the vintage frame design.
[Twelve] This beauty is also from Parada Creations Etsy Shop.

2 comments:

  1. Loving all your beautiful decor picks! Looks like it will make a very relaxing room!


    Your newest subscriber,


    Brooke =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best place to spend the outstanding blog. i really feel comfortable to see such kind of outstanding blog.
    Fire Engine Kids Bed

    ReplyDelete