Friday, July 12, 2013

Putting on my big girl panties and stepping on the scale...

The moment of truth...vacation weigh in.  Let me first say I did try to make healthy options most of the time.  I did indulge on some things, i.e. donuts and pizza...and drinks, can't forget those.  Well, it sounds like I indulged a lot, but it wasn't an all out free for all eating fest...I wish I could do that and not pay for it tremendously.
So, here it is.  I gained 2 pounds.  Honestly, it was better than I thought, but it was only a short 4 day getaway, too.
Those pounds don't mean much to me at this point...I mean they do, but the way I felt on the beach means more than those 2 pounds. The way I felt about myself was sealed before I set foot on that beach.  I felt awful about myself.  Feeling awful about yourself on vacation means you aren't fully enjoying yourself.  This was totally about me, my husbands was fine with how I looked, other people didn't care about me (even if I convinced myself they did)...I didn't feel good about me.  I don't want to be that person again, especially on vacation.
Like most people, I share the pre-approved  pictures.  You know the ones that make me look skinny-ish?  Well, for every one of those there are about 20 that make me want to bury my head in the sand...here are a few of those for your viewing pleasure. I hope these make you feel better about yourself.

Clearly, I told my husband no pictures.  Clearly, he didn't listen. 

 Remind me never to wear this swimsuit again.  Thanks.

This was a bad angle, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  

On a different note, we went to the movies last night and saw Despicable Me 2.  It was cute.  I am totally a kid at heart and love the light heartedness of kid movies.


1 comment:

  1. 2 pounds isn't bad at all!!! It'll be gone in no time! I hate hate pictures of myself! Yours are not bad, honestly I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete