I can't believe how fast the first month with you has gone by. You are such a sweet boy...I'm not just partial, everyone says what a good sweet baby you are. I didn't know that I could love someone so much. Honestly, the word love, the way I've used it my whole life, just seems like an understatement. You hardly ever cry, and when you do all I have to do is pick you up and tell you its okay and you take a deep breath, sigh, and nuzzle into me and calm down. I love the way you smell and the way you soft hair feels on my lips as I smell your head when cuddling you. I love how if you are laying on me or your daddy you put you little tushy up in the air. You sigh the sweetest little sighs as you go to sleep and eat. You make me want to be better in all aspects of my life.
I love you to the moon and back,
First Month Highlights:
- You eat about 4 ounces at a time. You are breastfed, but we supplement with formula (something your momma had a hard time accepting at first, but we will do whatever we have to to keep you healthy and growing.)
- You sleep 3-4 hour stretches at night and just wake up to eat and then go back to sleep.
- You are in size 1 diapers, but could still wear newborn.
- You are in 0-3 clothes (mostly because of length) and have been for about a week.
- At your 2 week check-up you were above the 95th percentile for length and 30th percentile for weight. Will you be tall and skinny?
- You took your first real bath at 3 weeks.
- We gave in to the paci after a rough night and you have done fine, using it to self-sooth and letting it go after.
- You cried and produced tears for the first time today. Which resulted in you being rocked with me in your rocking chair for the first time.
- Our favorite book to read together is Guess How Much I Love You.